Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentines Decorations



Show some LOVE!

  My house looked so bare after taking down my Christmas decorations, so I began to think about what I could do to brighten it up. I dung into my scrapbook supplies and pulled out any and all red, pink or white paper of all shades, and prints. I had lots of scraps from this and that project - mostly in red (I seem to use a lot of red in my pages.) If you have ever scrapbooked, you know how you end up with random pieces of paper you'll never use - but today I found a good use from them, I made Heart Garland to decorate my mantel with.



  I just cut out a bunch of different sized hearts, matching solid paper with some of the random prints I've had for forever. I used photo tabs to put them together, cut a long piece of jute and clipped the hearts on with clothespins. I got the clothespins at the Dollar Store, so they are a bit smaller then normal clothespins, but they worked awesome for garland.

Valentines Center Piece -

  From the scraps left over from the garland I cut out a bunch of smaller hearts.


  I decided to decorate my hurricane lamp with them!


 Before



After

  Used up my scraps and I got a cute center piece for my farm house table. I just dropped the hearts in the space between the hurrican and the candle, I did use a knife to help place a few.

A Vase Full of Love -


  I filled the vase on my mantle with all the heart shaped cookie cutters I owned. I put a couple of pieces of red tissue paper in the bottem of the vase and placed the cookie cutters in - it turned out pretty cute! The 'LOVE' sign came as a tag on a Christmas gift and made a great addition to the mantle.


Love Banner -



  This idea came from Shaty 2 Chic, they have a printable alphabet banner as well as number and shapes. They had done a "LOVE" banner with a heart as the 'O'. I decided to do a LOVE banner but I wanted it longer then four letters so I printed two hearts and put them on either end. I used different colored scrapbook paper to create my banner - I didn't have enough of any one color, I think it turned out pretty cool!



  Our beautiful farm house table decorated for Valentines Day! Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment